The San Francisco 49ers have signed LB Kion Wilson to a one-year deal. To make room on the roster, the team has placed LB
Since signing as an undrafted free agent with the San Diego Chargers in 2010, Wilson (6-1, 239) has played in 15 games (two starts) and registered nine tackles on defense and 11 on special teams. As a rookie in 2010, he spent time on the Chargers practice squad and active roster, appearing in three games. In 2011, Wilson was on the Chargers practice squad before being signed to the Carolina Panthers active roster on November 16, 2011. He was later waived by the Panthers following training camp in 2012. Wilson signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013, and spent time on the team’s active roster and practice squad that year, registering nine tackles in seven games (two starts) for the Steelers.
A 27-year-old native of Jacksonville, FL, Wilson played collegiately at the University of South Florida after beginning his career at Pearl River Community College.
Costanzo (6-1, 235) was signed by the 49ers on June 3, 2014.
MORE FROM #49ERSCAMP:
- READ: Full List of Training Camp Transactions
- READ: What We Learned from 49ers-Ravens Week
- READ: WRs Johnson and Ellington Emerge in Baltimore
- READ: Rookie LB Lynch Has Size, Talent to Succeed
- READ: WIll Harbaugh Teams Practice in 2015?
- READ: Rookie CB Johnson Intercepts Flacco, Scores TD
- READ: Boldin Relives Trade From Ravens to 49ers
- READ: More 49ers News Headlines